Do you feel like there is no opportunity for growth in your current position?
Do you have the drive to lead projects?
Are you being tasked with the same thing over and over?
Do you like being part of a dynamic team that respectfully interacts with each other?
KHEOPS can offer you the opportunity to grow, lead and work on a variety of projects and tasks. In addition to working on projects in Western New York, you will also have the opportunity to design projects for all of our 8 offices throughout the United States in the privacy of your own office.
KHEOPS is hiring a Civil Project Engineer to work out of our Buffalo, NY Office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, including transportation, water/wastewater, environmental and site/civil developments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Use your arrow keys to change the base color. Move up to lighten the color, down to darken, left to decrease saturation, and right to increase saturation.
Move the arrow left or right to change hue.Color value in RGBrgb
- Coordinate with municipalities and agencies.
- Perform design of portions of non-routine projects or entire routine projects.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Development of probable construction cost estimates for projects within the department.
- Prepare reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules and permits for projects.
- Provide technical support to other staff in areas of expertise, as applicable.
- Perform drafting to reduce designs to final drawings.
- Inspect construction activities performed by contractors. This includes reviewing work to be in conformance with the plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Communicate with project personnel including contractors, KHEOPS and other inspection staff, clients, testers, surveyors, etc.
- Create complete daily inspection reports that document all on site activities.
- Create computation sheets to support pay items on daily inspection reports.
- Attend meetings.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Valid New York State driver’s license
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site.
- Ability to read, write and understand plans and direction given in the English language.
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments.
- Possess the physical ability to:
- Stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day.
- Traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material variation of elevations.
- Wear standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
- Work under adverse weather conditions.
KHEOPS Architecture, Engineering and Survey, DPC (KHEOPS), a professional services firm and Affiliate Company of KHAFRA Engineering Consultants, Inc., has an opening for a Civil Project Engineer. KHEOPS is headquartered in Buffalo, NY. As a full-service architectural, engineering and survey firm, KHEOPS provides complete engineering services from conceptual planning, through design and construction phase administration. The firm specializes in serving the needs of industrial, commercial, institutional, municipal, state and federal clients.
KHEOPS offers competitive compensation, free parking, flexible work schedule, and benefits including health, life, disability, 401K, and paid time off.
Qualified applicants may forward their resumes with salary requirements to mktg(at)kheopsdpc.com. No telephone calls or third party inquires accepted.