KHEOPS is hiring Construction Inspectors (NICET II, III and IV) for contracted projects throughout Western New York. The successful candidates have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, including transportation, water/wastewater, environmental and site/civil developments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect construction activities performed by contractors. This includes reviewing work to be in conformance with the plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Communicate with project personnel including contractors, KHEOPS and other inspection staff, clients, testers, surveyors, etc.
- Create complete daily inspection reports that document all on site activities.
- Create computation sheets to support pay items on daily inspection reports.
- Attend meetings.
- Conduct and document observation of construction as it progresses.
- Conduct or coordinate field materials sampling and testing.
- Monitoring safety, MPT and permit compliance.
- Coordination with State DOTs within ROW.
- Prepare construction documentation.
- Minimum NICET II, III, IV or equivalent (PE, EIT) required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to measure and compute lengths, areas, and volumes.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Detail oriented and conscientious.
- Professionalism and integrity.
- Valid New York State driver’s license.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Civil Engineering Technology Associates Degree or equivalent or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred.
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Certification, OSHA 10 Hr, Erosion and Sediment Control 4-Hr
- Possess a personal vehicle for use during the day for transportation to and from and on or around a job site
- Ability to read, write and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments.
- Possess the physical ability to:
- Stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day.
- Traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material variation of elevations.
- Climb a ladder varying from 6 feet to 20 foot extension.
- Ride in a mechanical lift or bucket truck up to a height of 100 feet.
- Don and wear and operate personal fall arresting apparatus.
- Wear standard PPE, i.e. hard hats, safety vest, work boots, safety glasses/goggles
- Lift and or carry a weight of 30-50 lbs.
- Work in a confined space by definition of OSHA.
- Work under adverse weather conditions.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of successful projects and team.
- Must have experience in monitoring the compliance for the MPT (Maintenance and Protection of Traffic) and/or WZTC (Work Zone Traffic Control) on highway projects.
- Ability to prepare correspondence, reports, and recommendations concerning construction issues.
KHEOPS Architecture, Engineering and Survey, DPC (KHEOPS), a professional services firm and Affiliate Company of KHAFRA Engineering Consultants, Inc., is headquartered in Buffalo, NY. As a full-service architectural, engineering and survey firm, KHEOPS provides complete engineering services from conceptual planning, through design and construction phase administration. The firm specializes in serving the needs of industrial, commercial, institutional, municipal, state and federal clients.
KHEOPS offers competitive compensation and benefits, including health, life, disability, 401K, and paid time off.
Qualified applicants may forward their resumes with salary requirements to mktg(at)kheopsdpc.com. No telephone calls or third party inquires accepted.